Project / Program Management ~ Engineering Management ~ Technical / Manufacturing
Program / Team Management Profile
Accomplished Program Manager and Engineering Manager with very broad experience, including new product launches, multiple project development, manufacturing line implementation, off-shore design and off-shore sourcing. Excel at building successful teams driven by clear objectives. Proven leader across multiple associate levels at both local and international locations.
Areas of expertise include:
• Program / Project Management • Customer Relations / Customer Service
• Top Management Interaction • Virtual Teams (off-shore and local)
• Consensus-Building & Team Leadership • Organizational Development
• Process Analysis & Improvement • Waste Reduction / Lean Office
Strategic Sourcing; North Vernon, IN – Injection Mold Tool Builder March 2005 to June 2007
Started up and led development of a new operation to provide injection molding tools manufactured off-shore and delivered in the US. Planned and developed the operation from the ground up. Managed multiple simultaneous projects in addition to establishing business practices.
- Led project management group in the US and directed 15 person off-shore design team.
- Developed all business processes for startup operation – integrating a new company and personnel with well established partner company in the US.
- Developed tools to make effective use of the virtual team environment. 24/7 operation using multiple electronic and physical communication systems.
- Established and maintained multiple project tasks and budget with limited human resources and with very short project duration.
- Thrived in a high pressure environment where time/task management, determination, excellence in customer management, and careful attention to technical detail were constant requirements.
- Coordinated directly with the Foreign Trade Zone customs broker and our team overseas to provide the fastest and most economical transport by air and ocean.
Was the key point of contact to customers in automotive, appliance, household goods, and homeland defense.
- Effectively identified the specific customer needs and was responsible for quickly and effectively communicating the voice of the customer throughout the organization.
Collins & Aikman; Rantoul, IL – Automotive Interior Trim Supplier February 1988 to March 2005
Senior management responsibility, working immediately for the director of operations for a 3 plant campus. Responsible for all project and ongoing engineering operations along with change management and tooling. Career started in Industrial Engineering and proceeded up to Senior Project Engineer and then Product Engineering Manager and ultimately Engineering Manager.
- Launched new manufacturing lines and products for Chrysler, General Motors, Mitsubishi and key Tier 1 suppliers. All launches were on time and under budget.
- Established and managed multi-million dollar project budgets.
- Managed a 15 person department with focus on moving product designs into a manufacturable production process.
- Successfully integrated work transferred from two closing C&A locations without disruption of existing production while maintaining development on new launching product.
- Designed the process systems and project structure used by all engineers in our three plant location.
- Established intranet web site as document control center for QS-9000 / ISO-9000 certification.